Entertainment stakeholders are again adjusting to the recent re-imposition of tighter restrictions. Prime Minister Andrew Holness announced on Monday, July 26, changes to the curfew hours and a reduced capacity for small events as the country faces what he describes as potentially the early stages of a third wave of COVID-19.
July 1 2021, saw a partial reopening of the entertainment sector with an 11 pm curfew and other measures. However, now that time has been reduced to 8 pm and a 50 percent capacity for small events has been implemented. Scores of promoters have since re-organized their events.
Managing Director of Dream Entertainment, Scott Dunn, says he is relieved, as rumors suggesting a full lockdown was imminent. Dunn says he is reasonably satisfied with the Government’s considerations so far, following the industry’s sixteen months of closure. The entertainment industry has been under the microscope since the onset of the pandemic, with some blaming the entertainment stakeholders for the increase in COVID-19 cases. However, Dunn notes that there is no data to support this.
More in this CVM Live story from Robian Williams: