Fourteen Cabinet Ministers of the Re-Elected Government were sworn in on Sunday, September 13 by Governor-General Sir Patrick Allen at King’s House Jamaica.
Prime Minister Andrew Holness announced his full line up for all ministerial positions on Friday following confirmation of four major portfolios on Monday.
The Swearing-In Ceremony is usually held outside on the lawns of King’s House, however, this time around the event has been scaled down, and held indoors because of the impact of Coronavirus, COVID-19.
Nineteen Cabinet Ministers and nine State Ministers will be presiding over sixteen (16) Ministries.
There are three Ministers without Portfolios, Senator Matthew Samuda in the Ministry of National Security, Everald Warmington, and Senator Aubyn Hill, both In the Ministry of Economic Growth and Job Creation.
Marlene Malahoo Forte was also re-appointed as Attorney General.
The Swearing-in ceremony for State Ministers will be held on Monday, September 14 at 3 PM at King’s House.
1. Andrew Holness – Prime Minister, Minister of Defence, Economic Growth and Job Creation
2. Dr. Horace Chang – Deputy Prime Minister, National Security
3. Dr. Nigel Clarke – Finance and Public Service
4. Senator Kamina Johnson Smith – Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade
5. Dr. Christopher Tufton – Health and Wellness
6. Desmond McKenzie – Local Government and Rural Development
7. Olivia Grange – Culture, Gender, Entertainment and Sport
8. Edmund Bartlett – Tourism
9. Robert Montague – Transport and Mining
10. Fayval Williams – Education, Youth, and Information
11. Delroy Chuck – Justice
12. Daryl Vaz – Energy, Science, and Technology
13. Karl Samuda – Labour and Social Security
14. Floyd Green – Agriculture and Fisheries
15. Audley Shaw – Industry, Investment, and Commerce
16. Pearnel Charles Jr – Housing, Urban Renewal, Environment and Climate Change
17. Matthew Samuda – Senator and Minister without portfolio in the Ministry of National Security
18. Everald Warmington – Minister without portfolio in the Ministry of Economic Growth and Job Creation
19. Aubyn Hill – Minister without portfolio in the Ministry of Economic Growth and Job Creation